Five takeaways from Gov. Cooper’s Monday afternoon press conference
Important takeaways from Gov. Roy Cooper’s press conference addressing North Carolina’s coronavirus response:
1. North Carolina has had 297 confirmed cases of coronavirus in 45 counties across the state. 8,438 tests have been administered.
2. Gatherings of more than 50 people have been banned.
3. Some businesses, including gyms, nail and hair salons, and theaters, are required to close by Wednesday at 5 p.m.
4. Public K-12 schools are closed for in-person classes until May 15.
5. A shelter-in-place order has NOT yet been issued for the state, but the “situation is constantly evolving.”
Watch the full conference here.
Read Executive Order No. 120 here.